Group Leader Information
We’re Here to Help You Organize An Amazing Travel Experience for Your Group!
- Getting Started
- Group Leader Responsibilities
- We Support You All The Way
- Why Select International?
- More About Our Tours
Look through the programs on this website. Browse the existing fliers and learn more about groups traveling with us in the upcoming year. If you do not find what you are looking for- please call us so that we can custom design an itinerary for your group.
Call us at 1-800-842-4842 to discuss your preferences, choose dates and obtain specific prices.
We will confirm all the information given to you in writing and answer all your questions and concerns. We have been in business for over thirty years and have organized hundreds of groups. You have the reassurance that you are working with a reputable, professional company which has survived and thrived despite all turmoil in the travel industry and all the instability of global political events.
- The group leader communicates with Select International Tours on behalf of the group or organization.
- A group leader could be the travel agent, the pastor, a teacher, the bank manager, the museum official or any other individual involved in putting the travel program together.
- They are the main contact for the tour manadger and the key decision maker while the group is traveling.
- They are responsible for the promotion and marketing of the tour.
- They usually organize at least one informational meetings for interested participants and also a “Know before you go meeting” to passout travel document.
- They respond to general questions the group participants may have.
- They may choose to collect the payment from individual pasticipants.
- A group may have several group leaders.
- We ask that you designate one to be our primary contact.
Promoting, organizing and leading a group involves time and effort as well as responsibility on part of the group leader. This commitment does pay off! Select International Tours supports the work of our group leaders by providing:
- Complimentary travel
- Assistance with printing and marketing
- Assistance with trip promotion
- Complete back office support in terms of invoicing, fielding questions, providing information and preparing travel documentation
- A registered tour operator in the state of New Jersey, in business since 1987.
- We organize group travel to Europe, Holy Land and Mexico.
- We have affiliate offices in London, Rome, Athens and Jerusalem, as well as established network of partners in most major European cities to ensure your group superior value and service.
- NO other Faith based & special interest tour operator can provide you with the level of experience and service Select International Tours can.
- Please refer to our FAQ on our website for more specific information.
- Familiarizing yourself with the terms and conditions, which govern the group booking and travel protection options will help to answer most procedural questions and save you time.
- Every group will be guided by an experienced tour manager who meets them at their arrival destination, who speaks English well, is specially trained for our programs and is very helpful and knowledgeable about the destinations you are visiting. For city tours, you will have a local guide who is the expert on the city you are visiting. In Ireland, we use driver guides. Our tour managers are exceptional.
- We include buffet breakfast (B) on all our programs. Lunch (L) and dinners (D) are specified in the itinerary. Most meals are at the hotels. However we strive to provide an opportunity for the group to sample restaurant food as well and have a few nights on their own to explore the local cuisine. These nights are always in major cities where the choices are plentiful. Beverages are not provided with meals unless we specify otherwise, or the group chooses to have them included at an additional cost.
- We can provide roundtrip hometown airport transfers as part of the program for groups of 15 or more passengers leaving from one destination, so you have less to stress and worry about.
- To assist you with promotion of the tour program we can print fliers as a promotional/information tool, or you can print your own fliers or brochures. An allowance for printing costs will be provided. We also provide promotional posters for you and other marketing materials.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Who makes the travel arrangements?
You are a group tour leader; we are the travel experts, and so we take care of all air, hotel, and other travel arrangements.
Who collects the money?
We can or you can. The choice is yours – whatever is convenient for you. To assist you, we can issue the invoices, keep track of all the payments and update you frequently on the status of the group and handle of the document work.
How large does my group have to be?
To obtain the best air and land rates we need minimum 15 full paying passengers, and there is no maximum. A standard bus holds 49- 53 passengers. Unlike other companies we do not combine you on a pre-packaged program with people you do not know, and have nothing in common with. Your group will have their own program, bus and tour escort. Your group has their very own exclusive itinerary, and arrangements are made specifically for you
How far in advance do I need to start working on a program?
Ideally nine months to a year, although we often put together program in three to four months. As people are traveling more, good air and hotel space is at a premium. Therefore, it is important to give yourself enough time to promote the group and collect payments. The earlier we make a reservation, the easier it will be to ensure you get the air and the hotels you prefer. People need time to make plans and budget for the trip. Most bookings will occur 30-60 days after you start the promotional activity and roll out the trip information.
Are there any costs to me?
A $500.00 goodwill group deposit is needed to reserve space. The deposit is refunded to you when the final payment is collected. Should the group cancel; the deposit is refunded as long as you cancel at least 90 days before departure. You may have minimal cost for mailing, advertising and a get together evening. A certain number of complimentary trips can be included in costing for each group, allowing you and your assistants to accompany the group at no charge.
What must I do before the group leaves on the tour?
Your main responsibility is to promote the travel program, and spread the word about the trip to everyone you know. Within 45-60 days of announcing the program, most of your promotional activities will occur. Seventy percent of your participants will sign up (always request a $500.00 deposit in order to sign up someone) within this period. Successful tour hosts are gregarious people. Organizing a get-together to promote the program, or to distribute final documents will generate a lot of goodwill and good publicity. A post tour get-together to exchange pictures and reminisce is a great way to start promoting the next tour.
What are my responsibilities on the trip?
- You will gather and check in the group at all airports
- Be the liaison with the overseas tour manadger in coordinating daily activities
- Resolve any situations that may arise and make sure everyone is happy and having a great trip
- The overseas tour manadger, who is a highly trained professional, is with you at all times, leaving you free to enjoy your trip and take care of the needs of your passengers.
- The spiritual leader should prepare prayer cards, liturgical music, and all other prayer materials for all the participants to receive before the trip departs
Are the prices guaranteed?
The prices we provide in the group quote are subject to change until the time of the group deposit of $500.00 per group. Once we have the deposit air, and land arrangements will be booked, and prices will change only due to exchange rate fluctuations, number of passengers traveling and air tax/fuel charge changes. We do not block space unless we have received your group deposit.
How do I get the free trips?
- Our standard policy is one free for 20 full paying passengers, two free for 30 and 3 free for 45.
- We can also quote a special price for you based on minimum 15 full paying passengers and one free if your aim is to keep the group small. If you would prefer to earn one free benefit for every five or ten full paying passengers, simply let us know right at the beginning before the program is priced.
- The free trips are factored into the price, so keep in mind the more free trips you request the higher the cost of the program will be to the paying participants. This may make your trip more costly than other similar trips on the market, and you may lose some passengers.
- We recommend staying with our formula as detailed above, or at most pricing in one free for every ten full paying if you feel you really need that many free trips.
- Keep in mind the free trips are worth the actual cost of the trip, and they should be given to people who will assist you in promoting the trip and taking care of the group.
- That is why we prefer to call them earned trips.
- One of the largest mistakes group tour leaders make is giving the earned free trip to people who cannot or are not willing to actively promote the trip whenever and wherever possible or be directly involved in making the trip a success.
- Think of it as paying someone several thousands of dollars, without them doing any work.
- Our advice is to give the free trips to those people who can recruit other people to travel with your group, and who will share your commitment in seeing your group travel on a great trip.
How do I know if I definitely have a group?
No one is ever committed unless they give you a deposit; so do not be bashful in asking for that financial commitment. All deposits are refundable up until 90 days before departure. At that point, we will definitely know if you have a group and its approximate size. The general rule is that 90 days before departure you should have seventy five percent of your group committed. The main reason a group trip cancels is lack of constant and consistent promotional activity on part of the group leadership